|§ 4771||Report of referees; conclusiveness as to assets|
|§ 4772||Decedent’s real estate as bound|
|§ 4773||Application by plaintiff for rule of reference|
|§ 4774||Notice of meeting of referees|
|§ 4775||Rule of reference after judgment by default or upon motion|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 10 > Chapter 47 > Subchapter IV
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Building: means a structure having a roof and intended to shelter persons, animals, property or a business activity. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Building sewer system: means equipment, appliances, pipes, fittings, fixtures and other appurtenances that convey liquid and water-carried waste from the building or structure to a public sewer, private sewer, individual sewage disposal system or other point of disposal. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- constructed: means the building, installation, alteration, repair, replacement, maintenance, removal or demolition of a building, structure, mechanical system, fuel gas system, plumbing system, building sewer or similar system, or the components thereof. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Contractor: means a person engaged in construction activity regulated by the New Castle County Building Code. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- County Council: shall mean the County Council for New Castle County. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department of Land Use: shall mean the New Castle County Department of Land Use. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Freedom of Information Act: A federal law that mandates that all the records created and kept by federal agencies in the executive branch of government must be open for public inspection and copying. The only exceptions are those records that fall into one of nine exempted categories listed in the statute. Source: OCC
- Fuel gas system: shall mean natural or liquid gas appliances and related accessories, including gas piping extending from the point of delivery to the inlet connections of appliances. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Mechanical system: shall mean a system permanently installed and utilized to provide for the control of environmental conditions and related processes within buildings and structures, including equipment, appliances, fixtures, fittings, and appurtenances, including ventilating, heating, cooling, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, incinerators and other energy related systems. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Permit: includes any building permit, license, zoning permit, certificate of occupancy, certificate of use, certificate of completion, subdivision approval and any other official action of government having the effect of permitting construction, occupancy or use. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Plumbing system: means the equipment, appliances, pipes, fittings, fixtures and other appurtenances in or about a building or structure for bringing in the water supply and removing liquid and water-carried waste. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Structure: shall mean a man made object having an ascertainable stationary location on land or in water, whether or not affixed to the land. See Delaware Code Title 10 Sec. 4756
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.