|§ 3901||Fixing term of imprisonment; credits|
|§ 3902||Solitary confinement|
|§ 3903||Delivery of copy of sentence to warden|
|§ 3905||Instructions on separate issues of guilt and insanity; instructions on verdicts|
|§ 3906||Domestic violence offenses|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 11 > Chapter 39 > Subchapter I
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Charge to the jury: The judge's instructions to the jury concerning the law that applies to the facts of the case on trial.
- Child: means a person who has not reached the age of 18 years. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307