(a) The petition for DSCYF custody shall state:
(1) Name and address of the petitioning agency;
(2) Name, sex, date of birth of the child and, if known, the child’s school of origin;
(3) The name and address of the parents, alleged father or presumed father, and if applicable, the name and address of any custodian or guardian.
(4) If the name or address of any person or organization described in paragraph (a)(3) of this section is unavailable or unknown, DSCYF shall furnish detailed information concerning the efforts made to identify and locate such individual or organization;
(5) The DSCYF allegations of dependency, neglect, and/or abuse against each parent;
(6) Efforts, where practical, made by DSCYF to identify a fit and willing relative to care for the child;
(7) A statement regarding why continuing the placement of the child in the home of the parents, guardian, custodian or caretaker is contrary to the welfare of the child; and
(8) A statement why it is in the best interests of the child to be placed in DSCYF custody.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 2511
- Child: means a person who has not reached the age of 18 years. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307