Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 14 > Chapter 38
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Custodian: means a nonparent who has been awarded custody of a child by order of the Family Court, but excludes the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families when it or any of its divisions have been awarded custody by order of the Family Court. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 2362
- Division: shall mean the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 2355
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Entity: shall mean any committee, agency or group approved by the Division; any law-enforcement committee, agency or group approved by the Department of Safety and Homeland Security; or any committee, agency or group composed of public school teachers and/or administrators. See Delaware Code Title 13 Sec. 2355
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307