The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this subchapter, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the content clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) ”Autism” means any structural or biochemical abnormality, regardless of cause, diagnosed at any time before or after birth, that requires medical or surgical intervention or that interferes with normal growth or development.
(2) ”Department” means the Department of Health and Social Services.
(3) ”Registry” means a central data bank containing collected, classified, coded and stored data relating to autism in children.
(4) ”Surveillance” means the process of identifying and investigating autism in children.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 222
- Department: means the Department of Health and Social Services. See Delaware Code Title 16 Sec. 101