|§ 1701||Short title||19|
|§ 1704||Relief and damages||19|
|§ 1705||Collective bargaining||19|
|§ 1707||Notices requirement||19|
|§ 1708||Burden of proof||19|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 19 > Chapter 17
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Employee: means a person employed full or part-time by any employer, and shall include, but not be limited to, at-will employees, contract employees, independent contractors, and volunteer firefighters as defined in § 6651(c) of Title 16. See Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2125
- Employer: means any person, partnership, association, sole proprietorship, corporation or other business entity, including any department, agency, commission, committee, board, council, bureau, or authority or any subdivision of them in state, county or municipal government. See Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2125
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- manufacturer: shall include any maker of new, incomplete vehicles and such maker's authorized sales and service representatives; any maker or final assembler of vehicle bodies, components or specialized equipment; and any installer of vehicle bodies, major components or specialized equipment which alters the vehicle's gross vehicle weight rating, or which substantially changes its use, and which conforms to the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act [repealed; see now 49 U. See Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2105
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, association, or any other legal entity. See Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2125
- Public body: means all of the following:
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Supervisor: means any individual to whom an employer has given the authority to direct and control the work performance of the affected employee or any individual who has the authority to take corrective action regarding the violation of a law, rule or regulation about which the employee complains. See Delaware Code Title 21 Sec. 2125
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Violation: means an act or omission by an employer, or an agent thereof, that is: