|§ 28-50-1||Short title|
|§ 28-50-4||Relief and damages|
|§ 28-50-6||Collective bargaining|
|§ 28-50-8||Notices posted|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 28-50
- Department: means the department of labor and training. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-29-2.
- Employee: means a person employed by any employer, and shall include, but not be limited to, at-will employees, contract employees and independent contractors. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-50-2.
- Employee: means any person who has entered into the employment of or works under contract of service or apprenticeship with any employer, except that in the case of a city or town other than the city of Providence it shall only mean that class or those classes of employees as may be designated by a city, town, or regional school district in a manner provided in this chapter to receive compensation under chapters 29 38 of this title. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-29-2.
- Employer: means any person, partnership, association, sole proprietorship, corporation or other business entity, including any department, agency, commission, committee, board, council, bureau, or authority or any subdivision thereof in state or municipal government. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-50-2.
- Employer: includes any person, partnership, corporation, or voluntary association, and the legal representative of a deceased employer; it includes the state, and the city of Providence. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-29-2.
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16.
- Injury: means and refers to personal injury to an employee arising out of and in the course of his or her employment, connected and referable to the employment. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-29-2.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6.
- Person: means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, association, or any other legal entity. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-50-2.
- Public body: means all of the following:
(i) A state officer, employee, agency, department, division, bureau, board, commission, council, authority, or other body in the executive branch of state government. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-50-2.
- Supervisor: means any individual to whom an employer has given the authority to direct and control the work performance of the affected employee or any individual who has the authority to take corrective action regarding the violation of a law, rule or regulation about which the employee complains. See Rhode Island General Laws 28-50-2.
- town: may be construed to include city; the words "town council" include city council; the words "town clerk" include city clerk; the words "ward clerk" include clerk of election district; the words "town treasurer" include city treasurer; and the words "town sergeant" include city sergeant. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-9.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8.