|§ 2718||Applicability of chapter|
|§ 2720||Public works|
|§ 2721||Counseling; letter of concern|
|§ 2722||Certificate of authorization|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 24 > Chapter 27 > Subchapter III
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Board: shall mean the State Board of Professional Land Surveyors established in this chapter. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 2702
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Division: shall mean the State Division of Professional Regulation. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 2702
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall mean a corporation, company, association and partnership, as well as an individual. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 2702
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Practice of land surveying: shall mean professional services or work involving special knowledge and application of the principles of mathematics and related sciences and the relevant requirement of law in connection with the use and development of land, as described herein:
- Professional land surveyor: shall mean an individual who holds a valid license to practice land surveying under this chapter, and in addition:
- Responsible charge: shall mean the direct control and personal direction of the investigation, operation and execution of land surveying work requiring initiative, and professional skill and independent judgment as a party chief or survey manager. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 2702
- State: shall mean the State of Delaware. See Delaware Code Title 24 Sec. 2702
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307