Terms Used In Vermont Statutes Title 19 Sec. 2601
- Agency: means the Agency of Transportation. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- highway: includes rights-of-way, bridges, drainage structures, signs, guardrails, areas to accommodate utilities authorized by law to locate within highway limits, areas used to mitigate the environmental impacts of highway construction, vegetation, scenic enhancements, and structures. See
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States may apply to the District of Columbia and any territory and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See
§ 2601. Definitions
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Best value" means the highest overall value to the state, considering quality and cost.
(2) "Design-build contracting" means a method of project delivery whereby a single entity is contractually responsible to perform design, construction, and related services.
(3) "Major participant" means any entity that would have a major role in the design or construction of the project as specified by the agency in the request for proposals.
(4) "Project" means the highway, bridge, railroad, airport, trail, transportation, building, or other improvement being constructed or rehabilitated, including all professional services, labor, equipment, materials, tools, supplies, warranties, and incidentals needed for a complete and functioning product.
(5) "Proposal" means an offer by the proposer to design and construct the project in accordance with all request-for-proposals provisions for the price contained in the proposal.
(6) "Proposer" means an individual, firm, corporation, limited-liability company, partnership, joint venture, sole proprietorship, or other entity that submits a proposal. After contract execution, the successful proposer is the design-builder.
(7) "Quality" means those features that the agency determines are most important to the project. Quality criteria may include quality of design, constructability, long-term maintenance costs, aesthetics, local impacts, traveler and other user costs, service life, time to construct, and other factors that the agency considers to be in the best interest of the state. (Added 2009, No. 50, § 84.)