Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 29 > Chapter 85
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Board: means the Delaware Board of Charitable Gaming;
(2) "Districts" means those districts mentioned in article II, § 17A or § 17B of the state Constitution;
(3) "Game or games" means bingo, instant or sealed game, and charitable gaming;
(4) "Members-only game" means any game of chance open for participation only to members of the sponsoring organization;
(5) "Organization" means a veterans', religious or charitable organization, volunteer fire company or fraternal society as defined in article II, § 17A or § 17B of the state Constitution. See Delaware Code Title 28 Sec. 1502
- charitable gaming: means any game or scheme operated by an organization which has been in existence 2 years or longer in which chance is the dominant factor in the game, a consideration is paid to play and a prize may be won, excluding slot machines, roulette, craps or baccarat games. See Delaware Code Title 28 Sec. 1527
- Child: means a person who has not reached the age of 18 years. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.