|§ 7601||Declaration of purpose||3|
|§ 7603||License required; fee||3|
|§ 7604||Exemption from license||3|
|§ 7605||Revocation of license; right of appeal||3|
|§ 7606||Rules and regulations||3|
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 3 > Chapter 76
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Department: means the State Department of Agriculture. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 5301
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Livestock: means any cattle, sheep, swine, goats, horses, mules, other equines, poultry or cultured aquatic stock. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 5301
- Livestock dealer: means every recognized dealer engaged in the business of buying, selling or transporting livestock or operating a livestock auction or a livestock sales facility. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 5301
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, corporation or organized group of persons whether incorporated or not. See Delaware Code Title 7 Sec. 5301
- United States: includes its territories and possessions and the District of Columbia. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307