In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) ”Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership or any other business entity or group or combination of individuals however organized.
(2) ”Licensee,” “licensed lender,” “person licensed” or “lender” means any person duly licensed or regulated by the Commissioner pursuant to this chapter and, in addition, means any person or class of persons exempt from any or all of the provisions of this chapter in accordance with § 2202(b) of this title, to the extent and for such purposes as determined by the Commissioner in order to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
(3) ”Commissioner” means the State Bank Commissioner.
(4) ”Payment period” means the period of time scheduled by the terms of a loan to elapse between the days upon which installment payment are required to be made on such loan.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 2201
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307