As used in this chapter, unless otherwise specifically defined, or unless another intention clearly appears, or the context requires a different meaning:
(1) ”Commissioner” means the State Bank Commissioner.
(2) ”Licensed casher of checks” means any individual, partnership, unincorporated association or corporation duly licensed by the State Bank Commissioner to engage in business pursuant to this chapter.
(3) ”Licensee” means a licensed casher of checks, drafts or money orders.
(4) ”Limited station” means that the licensee is authorized to carry on the licensee’s business of cashing checks for the employees of a single and particular business or office, and at a single location at or near such particular business or office site.
(5) ”Mobile unit” means any vehicle or other movable means from which the business of cashing checks, drafts or money orders is to be conducted.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 5 Sec. 2701
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307