Delaware Code > Title 6 > Chapter 24 – Credit Services Organizations
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 6 > Chapter 24 - Credit Services Organizations
- board of assessment: shall be construed to mean the "department of finance" insofar as Sussex County is concerned and "Office of Finance" insofar as New Castle County is concerned. See Delaware Code Title 9 Sec. 501
- Clerk of the peace: means the clerk of the peace of the county in which the suburban community is situated. See Delaware Code Title 9 Sec. 501
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County government: means the county governing body of each county. See Delaware Code Title 9 Sec. 501
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- dollars: means lawful money of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 1 Sec. 302
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- real property: is synonymous with the phrase "lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Delaware Code Title 1 Sec. 302
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or any state, territory, possession, or other jurisdiction of the United States other than the State of Delaware. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 17-101
- Suburban community: means any unincorporated community within this State: