Terms Used In Washington Code > Chapter 19.134
- Buyer: means any individual who is solicited to purchase or who purchases the services of a credit services organization. See Washington Code 19.134.010
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Credit services organization: means any person who, with respect to the extension of credit by others, sells, provides, performs, or represents that he or she can or will sell, provide, or perform, in return for the payment of money or other valuable consideration any of the following services:
Washington Code 19.134.010
Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries. Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another. Extension of credit: means the right to defer payment of debt or to incur debt and defer its payment offered or granted primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. See Washington Code 19.134.010 Fair Credit Reporting Act: A federal law, established in 1971 and revised in 1997, that gives consumers the right to see their credit records and correct any mistakes. Source: OCC Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another. Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan. Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080 Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party. Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.