Terms Used In Delaware Code > Title 6 > Chapter 43 > Subchapter II
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Codicil: An addition, change, or supplement to a will executed with the same formalities required for the will itself.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- dollars: means lawful money of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Year: means a calendar year, and is equivalent to the words "year of our Lord. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307