(1) General Qualification Requirements. General factors the Department will consider in determining qualification include:
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 14-22.0041
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
(a) Adequacy of financial resources as set forth in subparagraphs 14-22.003(2)(a)3. and 4., F.A.C.
(b) History of conviction for contract crime by an applicant or its affiliate(s).
(c) History of suspension or revocation of Certificate of Qualification.
(d) Record of past work performance or payment of obligations.
(e) Employment of, or otherwise providing compensation to, any employee or officer of the Department.
(f) Evidence of willfully offering an employee or officer of the Department any pecuniary or other benefit with the intent to influence the employee’s or officer’s official action or judgment.
(g) Whether the applicant or its affiliate is currently delinquent or has been delinquent on any contract previously awarded by the Department.
(2) Certificate of Qualification. The Certificate of Qualification shall provide instructions for the applicant to access its Maximum Capacity Rating, the class or classes of work approved for bidding, the applicant’s name for submitting bids, and the expiration date.
(3) Revision of Certificate of Qualification. The Department may issue a Revised Certificate of Qualification that expires no later than the expiration date of the previous valid Certificate of Qualification. A revised Certificate of Qualification shall be issued when at least one of the following occurs: changes in classes of work, Maximum Capacity Rating, company name, or correction of technical errors.
(a) Written requests for raising the Maximum Capacity Rating must conform to paragraph 14-22.003(2)(b), F.A.C.
(b) Revisions to the Ability Score of non-active contractors shall be made by the Department using the procedure described in sub-subparagraph 14-22.003(2)(a)1.a., F.A.C.
(c) Name changes will be made if consistent with subsection 14-22.005(4), F.A.C.
Rulemaking Authority Florida Statutes § 334.044(2), 337.14(1). Law Implemented 337.14, 337.164, 337.165, 337.167 FS. History—New 11-10-82, Amended 8-25-83, 10-1-85, Formerly 14-22.041, Amended 12-20-89, 1-4-94, 7-1-95, 6-27-04, 10-10-10, 4-13-14.