Effective date: 12/9/1999
The following words and terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Accession” means the process of formally adding a newly-acquired artifact to the Museum’s permanent collections records and assigning it a unique number.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5H-24.001
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
(2) “Acquire” means the process of agreeing to accept an artifact for the permanent collections of the Museum and taking possession of the artifact by any lawful method, including but not limited to donation, bequest, purchase, transfer from another agency, staff field collection, exchange, archaeological excavation of Department or Museum-owned lands.
(3) “Agency” means any state, county, or municipal officer, department, division, museum, board, bureau, commission, or other separate unit of government created or established by law.
(4) “Artifact” means an object or group of objects of intrinsic historical, architectural, archaeological, or folk cultural value relating to the history, government, or culture of Florida.
(5) “Deaccession” means the process of formally removing a Department or Museum-owned artifact from the Museum’s permanent collection records.
(6) “Disposal” means the process of permanently removing a Department or Museum-owned artifact from the Museum’s permanent collections by one of the following means:
(a) Transferring title to another agency, institution, organization, or individual, and moving the artifact to the premise of that agency, institution, organization, or individual; or
(b) Properly discarding or destroying the artifact, if it has deteriorated or has been damaged beyond usefulness or repair.
(7) “Museum” means the Florida Agricultural Museum.
(8) “Department” means the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(9) “Hazardous” means any material that is regulated by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
(10) “Department or Museum-owned artifact” means an artifact in the permanent collections of the Museum that is owned by the Department or owned by the Florida Agricultural Museum, with title vested in the Department or the Museum.
(11) “Records” means manuscripts, photographs, books, papers, films, magnetic tapes, video tapes, and other magnetic media in the permanent collections of the Museum that is owned by the Department or owned by the Florida Agricultural Museum, with title vested in the Department or the Museum.
Rulemaking authorized by Florida Statutes § 570.903(8). Implements Florida Statutes § 570.903(8). History—New 12-9-99.