For purposes of this rule chapter:
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 62-554.100
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(1) “Local governmental agency” means any municipality, county, district, or authority, or any agency thereof, or a combination of such, acting jointly in connection with a project, which has jurisdiction over a water storage facility.
(2) “Project Sponsor” means a local government or water supply entity that has applied, or intends to apply, for funding under this chapter.
(3) “Water storage facility” or “facility” means all facilities, including land, necessary for an above-ground or in-ground reservoir, including aquifer storage and recovery. Such facilities may be publicly owned, privately owned, investor-owned, or cooperatively held.
(4) “Water Supply Entity” means a water utility, local government, or a multijurisdictional water supply entity as defined in subFlorida Statutes § 373.019(12), that is responsible for public water supply development or alternative water supply development projects listed pursuant to a regional water supply plan.
Rulemaking Authority 373.475 FS. Law Implemented Florida Statutes § 373.475. History—New 7-19-18.