Effective date: 12/25/2006
(1) Any non-profit corporation which is chartered for the purposes specified in Florida Statutes § 466.025(3), seeking a permit to employ a non-Florida licensed dentist who is a graduate of a dental school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association shall file an application with the Board which contains the following information:
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 64B5-7.006
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(b) Justification for the need to provide dental services by dentists who are not licensed in this state.
(c) A plan of operation which establishes that any non-Florida licensed dentist employed by the permit holder will be practicing dentistry under the general supervision of a Florida licensed dentist.
(d) For non-profit corporations which provide dental care to indigent patients, statistics which establish that only indigent patients have been treated or admission criteria that only indigent patients will be treated. A description of the physical plant, available equipment and resources which establish that minimum standards of dentistry are or will be practiced at the facility.
(e) Any other information pertinent to the application which is requested by the Board.
(f) As to each non-Florida licensed dentist employed or sought to be employed:
1. The dentist’s name and age,
2. Proof of said dentist’s graduation from an accredited dental college or school,
3. The dentist’s licensure status in other jurisdictions, including disciplinary action and pending disciplinary action,
4. The status of any dental malpractice actions that have been noticed or filed in any jurisdiction,
5. Proof of having successfully completed Board approved courses on Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, a course in domestic violence, and proof of current CPR certification.
(2) A non-profit corporation permit holder shall follow the requirements of subsection 64B5-7.001(4), F.A.C., and Rule 64B5-7.003, F.A.C., regarding application, requirements for conducting the program and qualifications for any permit holders who will be employed at their facility.
(3) Any non-Florida licensed dentist employed by the holder of a permit pursuant to this rule shall be bound by all requirements for permit holders set forth in Rule 64B5-7.003, F.A.C., and shall be compensated only by salary which is not based upon productivity.
(4) Each non-profit corporation at which a non-Florida licensed dentist practices dentistry shall inform the Board office of the termination of practice of said dentist. Such notice shall be in writing and within thirty (30) days of termination.
Rulemaking authorized by Florida Statutes § 466.004(4). Implements Florida Statutes § 466.025(3). History—New 11-16-89, Formerly 21G-7.006, 61F5-7.006, 59Q-7.006, Amended 3-25-99, 6-12-00, 12-25-06.