Effective date: 12/16/2001
(1) General rule. Except as otherwise authorized in these rules, a licensee shall not, directly or through an affiliate, disclose any nonpublic personal financial information about a consumer to a nonaffiliated third party other than as described in the initial notice that the licensee provided to that consumer under rule 69J-128.005, F.A.C., unless:
(a) The licensee has provided to the consumer a clear and conspicuous revised notice that accurately describes its policies and practices;
(b) The licensee has provided to the consumer a new opt out notice;
(c) The licensee has given the consumer a reasonable opportunity, before the licensee discloses the information to the nonaffiliated third party, to opt out of the disclosure; and
(d) The consumer does not opt out.
(a) Except as otherwise permitted by rules 69J-128.014, 69J-128.015, and 69J-128.016, F.A.C., a licensee shall provide a revised notice before it:
1. Discloses a new category of nonpublic personal financial information to any nonaffiliated third party;
2. Discloses nonpublic personal financial information to a new category of nonaffiliated third party; or
3. Discloses nonpublic personal financial information about a former customer to a nonaffiliated third party, if that former customer has not had the opportunity to exercise an opt out right regarding that disclosure.
(b) A revised notice is not required if the licensee discloses nonpublic personal financial information to a new nonaffiliated third party that the licensee adequately described in its prior notice.
(3) Delivery. When a licensee is required to deliver a revised privacy notice by this rule, the licensee shall deliver it according to rule 69J-128.010, F.A.C.
Rulemaking Authority 624.308, 626.9651 FS. Law Implemented 624.307(1), 626.9651 FS. History—New 12-16-01, Formerly 4-128.009, 69B-128.009.