Effective date: 12/8/2002
For purposes of this Part, the following definitions apply:
(1) “Customer” means a customer of the licensee as the term customer is defined in subsection 69J-128.002(8), F.A.C.
(2) “Customer information” means nonpublic personal information as defined in subsection 69J-128.002(18), F.A.C., about a customer, whether in paper, electronic, or other form, that is maintained by or on behalf of the licensee.
(3) “Customer information systems” means the electronic or physical methods used to access, collect, store, use, transmit, protect, or dispose of customer information.
(4) “Licensee” means a licensee as that term is defined in subsection 69J-128.002(16), F.A.C., except that “licensee” shall not include: a purchasing group, or an unauthorized insurer in regard to the surplus line business conducted pursuant to section 626.938, F.S.
(5) “Service provider” means a person that maintains, processes, or otherwise is permitted access to customer information through its provision of services directly to the licensee.
Rulemaking Authority 624.308(1), 626.9651 FS. Law Implemented 624.307(1), 626.9651 FS. History—New 12-8-02, Formerly 4-128.031, 69B-128.031.