Florida Regulations > Chapter 12B-5 – Tax On Motor Fuels, Diesel Fuels, Aviation Fuels, Pollutants, and Natural Gas Fuel
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 12B-5 - Tax On Motor Fuels, Diesel Fuels, Aviation Fuels, Pollutants, and Natural Gas Fuel
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Markup: The process by which congressional committees and subcommittees debate, amend, and rewrite proposed legislation.