Florida Regulations > Chapter 61B-39 – Filing Requirements for Public Offering Statements
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 61B-39 - Filing Requirements for Public Offering Statements
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Closed season: means that specified period of time during which harvest is prohibited. See Florida Regulations 68B-55.001
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fishable trap: means a trap that has 6 intact sides and at least two of the following elements: (a) Buoy. See Florida Regulations 68B-55.001
- Fishery Participant Organization: means a group of commercial fishermen all of whom possess a current saltwater products license and a blue crab, stone crab or spiny lobster endorsement. See Florida Regulations 68B-55.001
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- River herring: as used in this chapter , means a fish of the species Alosa aestivalis (blueback herring), or any part thereof. See Florida Regulations 68B-52.002
- Shad: means a fish of the species Alosa alabamae (Alabama shad), Alosa sapidissima (American shad), Alosa mediocris (hickory shad), or any part thereof. See Florida Regulations 68B-52.002
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trap: means legal harvesting gear as authorized in Fl. See Florida Regulations 68B-55.001
- Trap debris: means any piece of a trap, or any combination of such pieces not constituting a fishable trap. See Florida Regulations 68B-55.001