Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 32 – Time Shares and Camping Clubs
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Chapter 3||Time Shares and Camping Clubs|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 32 - Time Shares and Camping Clubs
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Authority: means a hospital authority created by IC § 5-1-4-4 or any board, body, commission, department, or officer succeeding to the principal functions thereof or to whom the powers conferred upon such authority by this chapter shall be given by law. See Indiana Code 5-1-4-3
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Inter vivos: Transfer of property from one living person to another living person.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Tenancy in common: A type of property ownership in which two or more individuals have an undivided interest in property. At the death of one tenant in common, his (her) fractional percentage of ownership in the property passes to the decedent
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5