Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Chapter 61J2-17
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.