(1) It is hereby found and declared that:
(a) The solar energy industry in this state has been a leader in the nation in the manufacture, supply, and delivery of solar energy systems.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 288.041
- Department: means the Department of Economic Opportunity. See Florida Statutes 288.005
- Jobs: means full-time equivalent positions, including, but not limited to, positions obtained from a temporary employment agency or employee leasing company or through a union agreement or coemployment under a professional employer organization agreement, which result directly from a project in this state. See Florida Statutes 288.005
(b) The use of solar energy in this state has been demonstrated to save conventional energy sources.
(c) The solar energy industry offers the prospect for improved economic welfare of this state through creation of jobs, increased energy security, and enhancing the quality of the environment of this state.
(d) Through helping to provide for a clean environment and healthy economy, the solar energy industry contributes to the continued growth and development of the tourist industry of this state.
(2) It is the policy of this state to promote, stimulate, develop, and advance the growth of the solar energy industry in this state.
(3) By January 15 of each year, the Department of Environmental Protection shall report to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives on the impact of the solar energy industry on the economy of this state and shall make any recommendations on initiatives to further promote the solar energy industry as the Department of Environmental Protection deems appropriate.