Terms Used In Florida Statutes 290.004
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
As used in ss. 290.001–290.016:
(1) “Community investment corporation” means a black business investment corporation, a certified development corporation, a small business investment corporation, or other similar entity incorporated under Florida law that has limited its investment policy to making investments solely in minority business enterprises.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Economic Opportunity.
(3) “Governing body” means the council or other legislative body charged with governing the county or municipality.
(4) “Minority business enterprise” has the same meaning as provided in s. 288.703.
(5) “Rural enterprise zone” means an enterprise zone that is nominated by a county having a population of 75,000 or fewer, or a county having a population of 100,000 or fewer which is contiguous to a county having a population of 75,000 or fewer, or by a municipality in such a county, or by such a county and one or more municipalities. An enterprise zone designated in accordance with s. 290.0065(5)(b) is considered to be a rural enterprise zone.
(6) “Small business” has the same meaning as provided in s. 288.703.