As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Aeronautical study” means a Federal Aviation Administration study, conducted in accordance with the standards of 14 C.F.R. part 77, subpart C, and Federal Aviation Administration policy and guidance, on the effect of proposed construction or alteration upon the operation of air navigation facilities and the safe and efficient use of navigable airspace.
(2) “Airport” means any area of land or water designed and set aside for the landing and taking off of aircraft and used or to be used in the interest of the public for such purpose.
(3) “Airport hazard” means an obstruction to air navigation which affects the safe and efficient use of navigable airspace or the operation of planned or existing air navigation and communication facilities.
(4) “Airport hazard area” means any area of land or water upon which an airport hazard might be established.
(5) “Airport land use compatibility zoning” means airport zoning regulations governing the use of land on, adjacent to, or in the immediate vicinity of airports.
(6) “Airport layout plan” means a set of scaled drawings that provides a graphic representation of the existing and future development plan for the airport and demonstrates the preservation and continuity of safety, utility, and efficiency of the airport.
(7) “Airport master plan” means a comprehensive plan of an airport which typically describes current and future plans for airport development designed to support existing and future aviation demand.
(8) “Airport protection zoning regulations” means airport zoning regulations governing airport hazards.
(9) “Department” means the Department of Transportation as created under s. 20.23.
(10) “Educational facility” means any structure, land, or use that includes a public or private kindergarten through 12th grade school, charter school, magnet school, college campus, or university campus. The term does not include space used for educational purposes within a multitenant building.
(11) “Landfill” has the same meaning as provided in s. 403.703.
(12) “Obstruction” means any existing or proposed object, terrain, or structure construction or alteration that exceeds the federal obstruction standards contained in 14 C.F.R. part 77, subpart C. The term includes:
(a) Any object of natural growth or terrain;
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 333.01
- Airport: means any area of land or water designed and set aside for the landing and taking off of aircraft and used or to be used in the interest of the public for such purpose. See Florida Statutes 333.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Transportation as created under…. See Florida Statutes 333.01
- Obstruction: means any existing or proposed object, terrain, or structure construction or alteration that exceeds the federal obstruction standards contained in 14 C. See Florida Statutes 333.01
- Structure: means any object constructed, erected, altered, or installed, including, but not limited to, buildings, towers, smokestacks, utility poles, power generation equipment, and overhead transmission lines. See Florida Statutes 333.01
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(b) Permanent or temporary construction or alteration, including equipment or materials used and any permanent or temporary apparatus; or
(c) Alteration of any permanent or temporary existing structure by a change in the structure’s height, including appurtenances, lateral dimensions, and equipment or materials used in the structure.
(13) “Person” means any individual, firm, copartnership, corporation, company, association, joint-stock association, or body politic, and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof.
(14) “Political subdivision” means the local government of any county, municipality, town, village, or other subdivision or agency thereof, or any district or special district, port commission, port authority, or other such agency authorized to establish or operate airports in the state.
(15) “Public-use airport” means an airport, publicly or privately owned, licensed by the state, which is open for use by the public.
(16) “Runway protection zone” means an area at ground level beyond the runway end to enhance the safety and protection of people and property on the ground.
(17) “Structure” means any object constructed, erected, altered, or installed, including, but not limited to, buildings, towers, smokestacks, utility poles, power generation equipment, and overhead transmission lines.
(18) “Substantial modification” means any repair, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or improvement of a structure when the actual cost of the repair, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or improvement of the structure equals or exceeds 50 percent of the market value of the structure.