The state land planning agency shall have the power and the duty to:
(1) Exercise general supervision of the administration and enforcement of this act and all rules and regulations promulgated hereunder.
(2)(a) Adopt or modify rules to carry out the intent and purposes of this act. Such rules shall be consistent with the provisions of this act.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 380.032
- commission: means the Governor and the Cabinet; and for purposes of this chapter the commission shall act on a simple majority. See Florida Statutes 380.031
- Developer: means any person, including a governmental agency, undertaking any development as defined in this chapter. See Florida Statutes 380.031
- Governmental agency: means :(a) The United States or any department, commission, agency, or other instrumentality thereof;(b) This state or any department, commission, agency, or other instrumentality thereof;(c) Any local government, as defined in this chapter, or any department, commission, agency, or other instrumentality thereof;(d) Any school board or other special district, authority, or other governmental entity. See Florida Statutes 380.031
- Land: means the earth, water, and air above, below, or on the surface, and includes any improvements or structures customarily regarded as land. See Florida Statutes 380.031
- Rule: means a rule adopted under chapter 120. See Florida Statutes 380.031
- State land planning agency: means the Department of Economic Opportunity and may be referred to in this part as the "department. See Florida Statutes 380.031(b) Within 20 days following adoption, any substantially affected party may initiate review of any rule adopted by the state land planning agency interpreting the guidelines and standards by filing a request for review with the Administration Commission and serving a copy on the state land planning agency. Filing a request for review shall stay the effectiveness of the rule pending a decision by the Administration Commission. Within 45 days following receipt of a request for review, the commission shall either reject the rule or approve the rule, with or without modification.
(3) Enter into agreements with any landowner, developer, or governmental agency as may be necessary to effectuate the provisions and purposes of this act or any rules promulgated hereunder.