(1) If a party desires a change of venue he or she may move therefor stating the belief that he or she will not receive a fair trial in the court where the action is pending:
(a) Because the adverse party has an undue influence over the minds of the inhabitants of the county.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 47.101
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
(b) Because movant is so odious to the inhabitants of the county that he or she could not receive a fair trial.
(2) Such motion shall be verified and filed not less than 10 days after the action is at issue unless good cause is shown for failure to so file. It shall set forth the facts on which the motion is based and be supported by affidavits of at least two reputable citizens of the county not of kin to the defendant or his or her attorney.