The board shall adopt rules establishing standards of practice for the profession of surveying and mapping to:
(1) Assure competence in the practice of the profession;
(2) Assure accuracy, completeness, and quality in the products provided;
(3) Assure adequate and defensible real property boundary locations; and
(4) Govern the following professional matters:
(a) Conflicts of interest.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 472.027
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(b) Client confidentiality.
(c) Misuse, reuse, unauthorized use, or alteration of another professional’s product.
(d) Fair dealing in all professional relationships and private and public sector contracts.
(e) Retention of work products in hard copy or electronic or digital formats.
(f) Transfer and storage of files and file materials upon discontinuance of the practice of surveying and mapping.