Terms Used In Florida Statutes 484.018
- Direct supervision: means supervision where the licensee remains on the premises while all work is being done and gives final approval to any work performed by an employee. See Florida Statutes 484.002
- Optical establishment: means any establishment in the state which offers, advertises, and performs opticianry services for the general public. See Florida Statutes 484.002
- Optician: means any person licensed to practice opticianry pursuant to this part. See Florida Statutes 484.002
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(1) Nothing in this part shall be construed to prevent a person licensed in this state as a physician or as an optometrist from performing those services she or he is licensed to perform.
(2) Nothing in this part shall be construed to mean that an employee of a licensed physician or a licensed optometrist shall be required to secure a license under this part, so long as the employee is working exclusively for, and under the direct supervision of, the licensed physician or optometrist and does not hold herself or himself out to the public generally as an optician.