Terms Used In Florida Statutes 489.558
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 489.551
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
(1) Any person who violates any provision of this part commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) The department may deny a registration if it determines that an applicant does not meet all requirements of this part or has violated any provision of this part. Any applicant aggrieved by such denial shall be entitled to a hearing, after reasonable notice thereof, upon filing a written request for such hearing in accordance with chapter 120.