(1) Each branch office of a mortgage broker must be licensed under this section.
(2) The office shall issue a mortgage broker branch office license to a mortgage broker licensee after the office determines that the licensee has submitted a completed application for a branch office in a form prescribed by commission rule and payment of an initial nonrefundable branch office license fee of $225 per branch office. Application fees may not be prorated for partial years of licensure. The branch office license shall be issued in the name of the mortgage broker that maintains the branch office. An application is considered received for purposes of s. 120.60 upon receipt of a completed application form as prescribed by commission rule, and the required fees.
(3) A branch office license must be renewed annually at the time of renewing the mortgage broker license under s. 494.00322. A nonrefundable branch renewal fee of $225 per branch office must be submitted at the time of renewal. To renew a branch office license, a mortgage broker must:
(a) Submit a completed license renewal form as prescribed by commission rule.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 494.0036
- Branch office: means a location, other than a mortgage broker's or mortgage lender's principal place of business:(a) The address of which appears on business cards, stationery, or advertising used by the licensee in connection with business conducted under this chapter;(b) At which the licensee's name, advertising or promotional materials, or signage suggests that mortgage loans are originated, negotiated, funded, or serviced; or(c) At which mortgage loans are originated, negotiated, funded, or serviced by a licensee. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Commission: means the Financial Services Commission. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Mortgage broker: means a person conducting loan originator activities through one or more licensed loan originators employed by the mortgage broker or as independent contractors to the mortgage broker. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Office: means the Office of Financial Regulation. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Registry: means the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry, which is the mortgage licensing system developed and maintained by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators for the licensing and registration of loan originators. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid(b) Submit a nonrefundable renewal fee.(c) Submit any additional information or documentation requested by the office and required by rule concerning the licensee. Additional information may include documents that may provide the office with the appropriate information to determine eligibility for license renewal.
(4) The office may not renew a branch office license unless the branch office continues to meet the minimum requirements for initial licensure under this section and adopted rule.
(5) If a licensed branch office fails to meet the requirements of this section for annual license renewal on or before December 31 but meets such requirements before March 1, the branch office’s license status shall be changed to “failed to renew” pending review and renewal by the office. A nonrefundable reinstatement fee of $225 shall be charged in addition to registry fees. The license status shall not be changed until the requirements of this section are met and all fees are paid. If the licensee fails to meet the requirements of this section and pay all required fees before March 1, such license is expired and such branch office must apply for a new mortgage broker branch office license under this section.