Iowa Code > Chapter 535C – Loan Brokers
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 535C - Loan Brokers
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of insurance. See Iowa Code 510.1B
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Electronic: means the same as defined in section 554D. See Iowa Code 554E.1
- financial institution: means the same as defined in section 527. See Iowa Code 547A.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Money: means the same as defined in section 554. See Iowa Code 554E.1
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1