(1) In order to renew a mortgage broker license, a mortgage broker must:
(a) Submit a completed license renewal form as prescribed by commission rule.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 494.00322
- Commission: means the Financial Services Commission. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Control person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, trust, or other organization that possesses the power, directly or indirectly, to direct the management or policies of a company, whether through ownership of securities, by contract, or otherwise. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Credit report: means any written, oral, or other information obtained from a consumer reporting agency as described in the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, which bears on an individual's credit worthiness, credit standing, or credit capacity. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Mortgage broker: means a person conducting loan originator activities through one or more licensed loan originators employed by the mortgage broker or as independent contractors to the mortgage broker. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- Office: means the Office of Financial Regulation. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See N.Y. Education Law 661 - Eligibility requirements and conditions governing awards and loans
- Registry: means the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry, which is the mortgage licensing system developed and maintained by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators for the licensing and registration of loan originators. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 41.15 - Approved Plans and State Aid
(b) Submit a nonrefundable renewal fee of $375, the $100 nonrefundable fee if required by s. 494.00172, and nonrefundable fees to cover the cost of further fingerprint processing and retention as set forth in commission rule.
(c) Submit fingerprints in accordance with s. 494.00321(2)(d) for any new control persons who have not been screened.
(d) Authorize the registry to obtain an independent credit report on each of the licensee’s control persons from a consumer reporting agency, and transmit or provide access to the report to the office. The cost of the credit report shall be borne by the licensee.
(e) Submit any additional information or documentation requested by the office and required by rule concerning the licensee or a control person of the licensee. Additional information may include documentation of pending and prior disciplinary and criminal history events, including arrest reports and certified copies of charging documents, plea agreements, judgments and sentencing documents, documents relating to pretrial intervention, orders terminating probation or supervised release, final administrative agency orders, or other comparable documents that may provide the office with the appropriate information to determine eligibility for renewal of licensure.
(2) The office may not renew a mortgage broker license unless the licensee continues to meet the minimum requirements for initial licensure pursuant to s. 494.00321 and adopted rule.
(3) If a licensed mortgage broker fails to meet the requirements of this section for annual license renewal on or before December 31 but meets such requirements before March 1, the mortgage broker’s license status shall be changed to “failed to renew” pending review and renewal by the office. A nonrefundable reinstatement fee of $250 shall be charged in addition to registry fees. The license status shall not be changed until the requirements of this section are met and all fees are paid. If the licensee fails to meet the requirements of this section and pay all required fees before March 1, such license is expired and such mortgage broker must apply for a new mortgage broker license under s. 494.00321.