Terms Used In Florida Statutes 497.4555
- Board: means the Board of Funeral, Cemetery, and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 497.005
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Financial Services. See Florida Statutes 497.005
- Licensee: means the person or entity holding any license or other authorization issued under this chapter, except where expressly indicated otherwise. See Florida Statutes 497.005
- Processing: means the reduction of identifiable bone fragments after the completion of the cremation process to unidentifiable bone fragments by manual means. See Florida Statutes 497.005
- Purchaser: means a person who executes a preneed or an at-need contract with a licensee for merchandise or services. See Florida Statutes 497.005
- Rules: refers to rules adopted under this chapter unless expressly indicated to the contrary. See Florida Statutes 497.005
A preneed licensee may charge the purchaser of a preneed contract for processing, filing, and archiving the contract and for performing other administrative duties related to the contract. A preneed licensee must disclose these charges to the purchaser and include them on its standard printed price lists and other disclosure information provided to the public under s. 497.468. These charges are not subject to the trust deposit requirements in s. 497.458. The department may, subject to approval by the board, adopt rules to administer this section.