Terms Used In Florida Statutes 502.054
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
- Frozen dessert: means a specific standardized frozen dessert described in 21 C. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
- Milk: means the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows, goats, sheep, water buffalo, or other hooved mammals. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
(1) The department shall establish a schedule for inspections which shall require routine inspections in accordance with the minimum requirements contained in the Grade “A” pasteurized milk ordinance and more frequent inspections or reinspections for permitholders with serious or repeated violations.
(2) The department shall inspect frozen desserts and frozen dessert plants that handle and process mix and manufacture frozen desserts for wholesale. Inspections must be based on the frequency and severity of a violation. However, the department must comply with all federal requirements governing inspections.