Terms Used In Florida Statutes 502.231
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
- Frozen dessert: means a specific standardized frozen dessert described in 21 C. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Milk: means the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows, goats, sheep, water buffalo, or other hooved mammals. See Florida Statutes 620.8703
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
When imposing a fine under this paragraph, the department must consider the degree and extent of harm caused by the violation, the cost of rectifying the damage, the benefit to the violator, whether the violation was committed willfully, and the violator’s compliance record.