Terms Used In Florida Statutes 569.14
- Dealer: is synonymous with the term "retail tobacco products dealer. See Florida Statutes 569.002
- Division: means the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. See Florida Statutes 569.002
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Tobacco products: includes loose tobacco leaves, and products made from tobacco leaves, in whole or in part, and cigarette wrappers, which can be used for smoking, sniffing, or chewing. See Florida Statutes 569.002
THE SALE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS AGAINST FLORIDA LAW. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED FOR PURCHASE.
THE SALE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS, NICOTINE PRODUCTS, OR NICOTINE DISPENSING DEVICES TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS AGAINST FLORIDA LAW. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED FOR PURCHASE.
A dealer that uses a sign as described in this subsection meets the signage requirements of subsection (1) and s. 877.112.
IF YOU WERE NOT BORN BEFORE THIS DATE
(insert date and applicable year)
YOU CANNOT BUY TOBACCO PRODUCTS.
Upon approval by the division, in lieu of a calendar a dealer may use card readers, scanners, or other electronic or automated systems that can verify whether a person is of legal age to purchase tobacco products. Failure to comply with the provisions contained in this subsection shall result in imposition of administrative penalties as provided in s. 569.006.