Terms Used In Florida Statutes 630.021
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
(1) An alien insurer may use Florida as a state of entry to transact insurance in the United States by making and maintaining in this state a deposit of assets in trust with a solvent bank or trust company or savings and loan association approved by the office.
(2) The deposit, together with other trust deposits of the insurer held in the United States for the same purpose, shall be in amount not less than the deposits required of an alien insurer under s. 624.412 and shall consist of cash or securities eligible for the investment of the funds of domestic insurers under part II of chapter 625.
(3) Such a deposit may be referred to as “trusteed assets.”
(4) All trusteed assets shall be continuously kept within the United States.