Terms Used In Florida Statutes 682.012
- Knowledge: means actual knowledge. See Florida Statutes 682.011
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, or government; governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality; public corporation; or any other legal or commercial entity. See Florida Statutes 682.011
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a person gives notice to another person by taking action that is reasonably necessary to inform the other person in ordinary course, whether or not the other person acquires knowledge of the notice.
(2) A person has notice if the person has knowledge of the notice or has received notice.
(3) A person receives notice when it comes to the person’s attention or the notice is delivered at the person’s place of residence or place of business, or at another location held out by the person as a place of delivery of such communications.