Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 710 ILCS 15 - Health Care Arbitration Act
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.