(1) A petitioner may file a direct request seeking establishment or modification of a support order or determination of parentage of a child. In the proceeding, the law of this state applies.
(2) A petitioner may file a direct request in a tribunal of this state seeking recognition and enforcement of a support order or support agreement. In such a proceeding, the provisions of ss. 88.7061–88.7131 apply.
(3) In a direct request for recognition and enforcement of a convention support order or foreign support agreement:
(a) A security, bond, or deposit is not required to guarantee the payment of costs and expenses; and
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 88.7051
- Application: means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority. See Florida Statutes 88.70111
- Convention support order: means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in…. See Florida Statutes 88.70111
- Direct request: means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States. See Florida Statutes 88.70111
(b) An obligee or obligor that in the issuing country has benefited from free legal assistance is entitled to benefit, at least to the same extent, from any free legal assistance provided for by the law of this state under the same circumstances.
(4) An individual filing a direct request is not entitled to assistance from the Department of Revenue.
(5) This part does not prevent the application of laws of this state that provide simplified, more expeditious rules regarding a direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support order or foreign support agreement.