(1) Except as provided in subsections (3) and (4), a tribunal of this state shall recognize and enforce a foreign support agreement registered in this state.
(2) An application or direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be accompanied by:
(a) A complete text of the foreign support agreement; and
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 88.7101
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Application: means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority. See Florida Statutes 88.70111
- Direct request: means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States. See Florida Statutes 88.70111
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
(b) A record stating that the foreign support agreement is enforceable as an order of support in the issuing country.
(3) A tribunal of this state may vacate the registration of a foreign support agreement only if, acting on its own motion, the tribunal finds that recognition and enforcement would be manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(4) In a contest of a foreign support agreement, a tribunal of this state may refuse recognition and enforcement of the agreement if it finds:
(a) Recognition and enforcement of the agreement is manifestly incompatible with public policy;
(b) The agreement was obtained by fraud or falsification;
(c) The agreement is incompatible with a support order issued between the same parties and having the same purpose in this state, another state, or a foreign country if the support order is entitled to recognition in this state; or
(d) The record submitted under subsection (2) lacks authenticity or integrity.
(5) A proceeding for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be suspended during the pendency of a challenge to or appeal of the agreement before a tribunal of another state or a foreign country.