The department shall prescribe registration list maintenance forms to be used by the supervisors which must include:
(1) An address confirmation request that must contain:
(a) The voter’s name and address of legal residence as shown on the voter registration record; and
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 98.0655
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(b) A request that the voter notify the supervisor if either the voter’s name or address of legal residence is incorrect.
(2) An address change notice that must be sent to the newly recorded address of legal residence by forwardable mail, including a postage prepaid, preaddressed return form with which the voter may verify or correct the voter’s new address information.
(3) An address confirmation final notice that must be sent to the newly recorded address of legal residence by forwardable mail and must contain a postage prepaid, preaddressed return form and a statement that:
(a) If the voter has not changed his or her legal residence or has changed his or her legal residence within the state, the voter should return the form within 30 days after the date on which the notice was sent to the voter.
(b) If the voter has changed his or her legal residence to a location outside the state:
1. The voter shall return the form, which serves as a request to be removed from the registration books; and
2. The voter shall be provided with information on how to register in the new jurisdiction in order to be eligible to vote.
(c) If the return form is not returned, the voter’s name shall be designated as inactive in the statewide voter registration system.