|§ 118.10||Civil-law notary|
|§ 118.12||Certification of civil-law notary’s authority; apostilles.|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 118 - International Notaries
- Carrier: means every railroad company, pipeline company, water transportation company, private or common carrier, and any other person transporting motor or diesel fuel, casinghead gasoline, natural gasoline, naphtha, or distillate for others, either in interstate or intrastate commerce, to points within Florida, or from a point in Florida to a point outside of the state. See Florida Statutes 206.01
- Department: means the Department of Revenue. See Florida Statutes 206.01
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- fuel: means all gasoline products or any product blended with gasoline or any fuel placed in the storage supply tank of a gasoline-powered motor vehicle. See Florida Statutes 206.01
- Fuel tax: means and includes any tax imposed by the laws of the state upon or measured by the sale, use, distribution, or consumption of motor fuel. See Florida Statutes 206.01
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01