|§ 118.10||Civil-law notary|
|§ 118.12||Certification of civil-law notary’s authority; apostilles.|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 118
- Cigarette: means any roll for smoking, except one of which the tobacco is fully naturally fermented, without regard to the kind of tobacco or other substances used in the inner roll or the nature or composition of the material in which the roll is wrapped, which is made wholly or in part of tobacco irrespective of size or shape and whether such tobacco is flavored, adulterated or mixed with any other ingredient. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dealer: means any wholesale dealer as hereinafter defined. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Division: means the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- oath: includes affirmations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- Place of business: means any place where cigarettes are sold or where cigarettes are stored or kept for the purpose of sale or consumption; or if cigarettes are sold from a vending machine the place in which the vending machine is located. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Retail dealer: means any person located inside or outside this state other than a wholesale dealer engaged in the business of selling cigarettes, including persons issued a permit pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Sale: means any transfer, exchange or barter in any manner, or by any means whatever. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- Wholesale dealer: means any person located inside or outside this state who sells cigarettes to retail dealers or other persons for purposes of resale only. See Florida Statutes 210.01
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 88.6011