|§ 127.01||Counties delegated power of eminent domain; recreational purposes, issue of necessity of taking; compliance with limitations|
|§ 127.02||County commissioners may authorize acquirement of property by eminent domain|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 127 - Right of Eminent Domain to Counties
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- County: means a political subdivision of the state as established pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Department: means the Department of Revenue. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Entitlement: means the amount of revenue which would be shared with an eligible unit of local government if the distribution from trust funds were based solely on the formula computation. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Guaranteed entitlement: means the amount of revenue which must be shared with an eligible unit of local government so that:(a) No eligible county shall receive less funds from the Revenue Sharing Trust Fund for Counties in any fiscal year than the amount received in the aggregate from the state in fiscal year 1971-1972 under the provisions of the then-existing…. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Municipality: means a municipality created pursuant to general or special law and metropolitan and consolidated governments as provided in…. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- political subdivision: include counties, cities, towns, villages, special tax school districts, special road and bridge districts, bridge districts, and all other districts in this state. See Florida Statutes 1.01
- Population: means the latest official state estimate of population certified pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Second guaranteed entitlement for counties: means the amount of revenue received in the aggregate by an eligible county in fiscal year 1981-1982 under the provisions of the then-existing…. See Florida Statutes 218.21
- Unit of local government: means a county or municipal government and shall not include any special district as defined in part III. See Florida Statutes 218.21