Florida Statutes > Chapter 331 > Part I – Airports and Air Commerce
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 331 > Part I - Airports and Air Commerce
- Classification: means the method by which a business or group of businesses is identified by size or type, or both. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Enterprise zone: means an area designated as an enterprise zone pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Local business tax: means the fees charged and the method by which a local governing authority grants the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within its jurisdiction. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- Local governing authority: means the governing body of any county or incorporated municipality of this state. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, joint adventure, syndicate, or other group or combination acting as a unit, association, corporation, estate, trust, business trust, trustee, executor, administrator, receiver, or other fiduciary, and includes the plural as well as the singular. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Receipt: means the document that is issued by the local governing authority which bears the words "Local Business Tax Receipt" and evidences that the person in whose name the document is issued has complied with the provisions of this chapter relating to the business tax. See Florida Statutes 205.022
- veteran: means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under honorable conditions only or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions, notwithstanding any action by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs on individuals discharged or released with other than honorable discharges. See Florida Statutes 1.01